East Hampton High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Hampton, NY. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
East Hampton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+87 Students
- A-70 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+62 Students
- A-52 Students
- A+46 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A38 Students
- C36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like East Hampton High School
- B+Pierson Middle/High School
- Sag Harbor Union Free School District, NY
- 52 reviews
- ASouthampton High School
- Southampton Union Free School District, NY
- 120 reviews
- A-Mattituck Junior/Senior High School
- Mattituck-Cutchogue Union Free School District, NY
- 114 reviews
- B+Southold Junior/Senior High School
- Southold Union Free School District, NY
- 59 reviews
East Hampton High School Reviews
East Hampton High School has a very large option of programs and classes. It also has open admission, so you can really take any class you want. Some of the faculty has gone above and beyond, others, not so much. Some of the teachers there are purely miserable and emphasize how much they hate teaching on a daily basis. More than on one occasion have I gotten the short end of the stick and suffered through courses with teachers who don't teach, hate what they do, and more or less leave the students to fend for themselves. The campus itself is really nice. On a few occasions they continually lock all the bathrooms but one to try and stop vaping.
East Hampton Highschool has been my home for the past four years. I wouldn't have grown into the person I am today without the guidance from the faculty at EHHS. The cafeteria food is delicious and I recommend getting a bagel with ham, swiss and pickles heated on the panini press. Fire.
I love the teachers and the acknowledgment and importance of the art and music programs at the school. Furthermore, the availability of AP courses and college credit courses the school has to offer.