East Granby High School is an above average, public school located in East Granby, CT. It has 264 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
East Granby High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A35 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B14 Students
- B13 Students
- A12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like East Granby High School
- B-Southwick Regional School
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, MA
- 123 reviews
- A-Granby Memorial High School
- Granby School District, CT
- 112 reviews
- A-East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- 109 reviews
- B+Somers High School
- Somers School District, CT
- 92 reviews
East Granby High School Reviews
East Granby High School is a close knit community that has both its positives and negatives. Because the small size, students get active, hands on learning which teachers that know each student by name. The school also offers tutors and guides to help aid students who need extra help in their learning. On the contrary, the small school lacks diversity and culture. There is no hot lunch program. There is lunch offered from local restaurants (usually just pizza). Athletes can easily make teams and even perform at the varsity level, at an early age, which is amazing for college resumes. Because of this, many of the programs are not very successful. Lastly, East Granby High school is a very safe space both physically and emotionally. Attempts have been made for anti-bullying groups and an LGBT acceptance club, however, they have fallen through due to little participation from the students. All and all, the experience at East Granby High School is not dreadful, but nothing extraordinary.
Although very small, East Granby High School is not one to underestimate. We have made multiple accomplishments that would typically be virtually impossible for such a small school system. A benefit to attending such a school with such a small student body is that students get unlimited one-on-one time with teachers if extra help is needed. A negative to attending such a small school is that the school budget is just about as small as the school itself! However, despite this flaw, we manage to get by and be heard amongst the bigger schools in surrounding towns.
My experience at East Granby High School is extremely hands on. Due to the fact that we are the smallest public school system in Connecticut, classes sizes are very small allowing individual assistance to each student. The teachers within the school have always been helpful and understanding with both school work and personal problems. A change East Granby could make is healthier lunches and more respect to the arts programs within the school. Overall, East Granby High School is an excellent school with wonderful staff and a close community.