East Garner Middle School Reviews

A great school and pushes students to learn and achieve what they want to do when they get older. I was able to meet people like me and people different from me which is good because that is the world that we live in
Overall the school is average although it is not completely evident that the school is magnet. In general, I feel that for students ready for honors level coursework the school isn’t ready to accommodate this academically.
We have one very friendly officer who is armed, However many students don't feel safe due to bullying. We don't even have a school nurse and the school isn't really concerned about the safety of students with disabilities.
Start Your Review of East Garner Middle School
There aren't many clubs or information on joining the few clubs that we have.
The staff doesn't make a respectful learning enviorment. Many teachers don't care if you learn the material or not. There are not many clubs and students can't create any. One teacher even called me a b___ because I told her I taught myself the material because she wasn't very helpful. Though, some teachers create study groups for those who need help with lessons, one teacher even went as far as giving her students her phone number to video chat if they had issues with homework. Students have said that they don't feel safe at their school despite the officers and administration. Overall, I highly wouldn't recommend this school to any parent.