Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
East Columbus High School is a public school located in Lake Waccamaw, NC. It has 424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
East Columbus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B83 Students
- grade C+64 Students
- grade B+62 Students
- grade B57 Students
- grade A+57 Students
- grade B+55 Students
- grade A+50 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
- grade B minus39 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Spirit Week20%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,291 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like East Columbus High School
- grade CEast Bladen High School
- Bladen County Schools, NC
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade BWhiteville High School
- Whiteville City Schools, NC
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade BSoutheastern Community College Early Childhood Education Lab
- Columbus County Schools, NC
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 8 reviews
- grade C+Flemington Academy
- Public School
- Lake Waccamaw, NC
- Rating 3 out of 5 1 review
East Columbus High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 46 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had an amazing four years at East Columbus. I’ve enjoyed every class I’ve had since freshmen year! I definitely learned so much these past few years. I’ve grown into a more independent, strong, and motivated while attending this high school. What I liked most about East was my Jrotc Program, my instructors were the absolute best. They taught me how to become a better person, how to make decisions and most important how to lead. I have gone from a S-4 to the Battalion Commander of my program and I couldn’t be more proud of what they have helped me accomplish. They have lead me on the right path every step of the way never let up. They’ve encouraged me to go to college and be someone successful. I will miss East Columbus and all the amazing teachers that have taught me!
Everyone is so close and sweet, which is not how a normal high school is. East Columbus is a very underrated school and deserves a lot more love, especially the teachers. They put up with a lot and their job is so important!
I've had a great four years and ECHS and it is slowly progressing into an even better environment. I would like to see the school spirit rise dramatically!