East Chapel Hill High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- A129 Students
- A+100 Students
- B+73 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+58 Students
- B+56 Students
- B+46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
East Chapel Hill High School Reviews
Review East Chapel Hill High School
With such a strong emphasis on education, East Chapel Hill High School stands out as an oddity in the midst of other North Carolina public schools; uncommonly high weighted GPA's and test scores permeate the student body and many of these students go to top schools across the nation. While one may assume that with such a strong academic focus East may lag behind in other areas, the opposite is true in this case. Overall, while East has a passive administration and obvious socioeconomic divides, it is a wonderful school focused on academics and preparing its students for college and success.
I would chooses East all over again. From the teachers, to the students and the environment created by my school. Its no wonder I fell in love in with this school. The teachers at our school are kind, rigorous, but most of all supportive. Going on trips with the teachers and seeing how they acted outside of the classroom was truly great experience,(especially when my world history teacher got roasted when we corrected her). East is unique because it blends rigorous studies and the supportive and fun environment every kid needs to succeed. And I would definitely go to this school all over again.
The teachers at my school are simply amazing, they are always there when you need them and are extremely supportive and work at the students pace. The teachers vary in their styles of teaching but all have one thing in common. They love to teach, whether they teach lecture style, or note taking, they all find some or another to make the task fun and engaging for all the students. The teachers at East Chapel Hill High are highly qualified, with many of them having taught at colleges or attended Ivy league school, they grade rigorously, but they do this to make us work harder and to teach us the principles of Integrity, hard-work and effort. In the end, they decided to do the Job they do for the sole purpose of teaching and helping students advance.