Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
East Chambers High School is an above average, public school located in Winnie, TX. It has 433 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
East Chambers High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus92 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade A+60 Students
- grade B53 Students
- grade B+48 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade A minus40 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade A+30 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Home coming, prom and banquets29%
- Sports games29%
- Homecoming and our rally dance!14%
- Pep rallies14%
- Spirit Week14%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,549 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
East Chambers High School Reviews
Rating 3.92 out of 5 65 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
When I moved to the district, It opened a whole new world for me. I was allowed to be involved in more than one activity at a time and was able to work around my complex personal schedule. The teaching and administrative staff learns you on a personal level and adapts to help you in the ways you learn best. They also are their for your biggest accomplishments and your bad days. Living in a small town community has offered a lot that the big city I lived in before didn't offer. ECISD has a large variety of classes and academic specialties. We are also very successful in sports. Overall, I believe I am 100% more successful and on the path for success because of my time at East Chambers.
I really enjoyed this small town school, where everyone knows everyone. It is a country town where rice farmers thrive. So many of our parents grew up going to this school, allowing all of us kids to have a great support group through out our school years. I felt lucky to have a school that offered Ag classes. I enjoyed 7 years showing heifers, and taking college classes where I became interested in animal science. I also excelled in the sport of volleyball and became a team captain and all around player and outside hitter because of such a great coach , that helped me reach my potential in this sport. The one thing I would change, would be a higher quality of teachers in science and math classes. Overall, East chambers is a great school with advanced academics levels and great athletic program with a small town vibe.
East chambers High School is such an awesome school to be able to attend, it has great coaches, teachers, administrators, and students. The facilities here are very awesome and being able to come to this school is such an awesome privilege.