Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
East Carter County High School is a public school located in Grayson, KY. It has 695 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
East Carter County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-155 Students
- B-102 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-46 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+34 Students
- B+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like East Carter County High School
East Carter County High School Reviews
I transferred to East Carter (EC) at the beginning of my junior year. The decision to move was due to my love of soccer and interest in playing college soccer. EC offered what I needed academically and athletically. The teachers care about me as a person and always encourage me to do my best. I have become a better student in the classroom, and a better person outside of the classroom. EC offers various learning opportunities, clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities. I’ve had the opportunity to explore different careers, taking classes in both business and engineering. I now plan to major in engineering, electrical or mechanical. What would I like to see change at EC? A wider variety of dual credit classes. I would have liked to have taken a physics class to better prepare for engineering. And the opportunity for more hands on activities, currently a majority of classwork involves writing or typing of the assignments. I’ve really enjoyed EC and the people that I’ve met.
East Carter High School is a humble, welcoming school that is accepting of all. East Carter has an amazing staff that is always there for the need of its peers. East Carter provides leadership qualities and skills to prepare their students for their bright futures after graduation. It provides many activities and clubs for the interest of any student. East Carter always makes sure to go out of its way to provide a safe, loving atmosphere for its students.
It’s a very good school and very helpful with college applications and scholarships. The teachers are all very helpful and care about students and staff. Most teachers will help the students with whatever they can if they are struggling or need help with passing. It’s a very good school to be at and you can feel safe there and know you are safe. It has a lot of programs and extracurricular activities that you can take advantage of. Also there is many advanced classes that you can take if you are ahead in your grade.There isn’t really ever any problems there with getting an education it is a good learning environment.