East Brunswick High School is a top rated, public school located in E Brunswick, NJ. It has 2,049 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
East Brunswick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A700 Students
- A+208 Students
- A206 Students
- B+161 Students
- A+161 Students
- A+134 Students
- B+134 Students
- A+130 Students
- A-123 Students
- A123 Students
Living in the Area
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 100 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.84 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.95 responses
Schools like East Brunswick High School
- A+South Brunswick High School
- South Brunswick School District, NJ
- 407 reviews
- A+Watchung Hills Regional High School
- Public School
- Warren, NJ
- 313 reviews
- AMetuchen High School
- Metuchen Public School District, NJ
- 106 reviews
- A+Hillsborough High School
- Hillsborough Township Public School District, NJ
- 312 reviews
East Brunswick High School Reviews
East Brunswick High School is overall a high achieving school with special focus on academics and the arts. The staff and administration try to provide students with the best opportunities for success, with numerous clubs and programs that enhance the educational experience. The athletic programs are also very distinguished, but they can be used more to promote school spirit. EBHS has only the best, most dedicated, and most experienced teachers. However, at times the administration ostracizes itself from the students, and the environment does not always feel 100% safe.
East Brunswick High School's population of about 700 students per graduating class fosters an environment of competitive nature, pushing students to gain skills such as public speaking, effective communication, creative thinking, and problem solving. Despite all these academic benefits, the school's diversity is one of the most defining traits. Growing up in such a diverse community has taught me acceptance of other races, genders, ethnicities, and religions. Our classes have always offered challenges, each another step towards learning to handle any task or difficulty thrown at us. Because we see that our diversity is a strength, not a diverging point, friend groups stray from the typical cliches in movies, often distinguishing between "mean kids" from the "nerds" or the "jocks". Rather, we understand that different mixes of cultures and interests make us unique. Though I may not know each of the 699 other people in my grade, I know each of us is set up with a foundation to succeed.
My experience at East Brunswick high school was average. We are for sure a good school in terms of academics, but the school lacks in care for its students. There have been multiple times where the student body has had to speak out against administration, and it seemed as if the school only worked with its students to quiet them and protect its reputation instead of due to actual care. Most of the teacher's are fairly caring and nice, but the administration needs improvement. They care more about things such as dress code than real problems. In my opinion they need to better their priorities. However, the academic level is very high and I do believe the school has academically prepared me for college. I learned many skills from the AP and honors level classes at the high school. The level of those classes is very high and I know several alumni who have said ebhs classes really did help them once they reached college.