East Boston High School is a public, magnet school located in East Boston, MA. It has 1,480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
East Boston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+126 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+90 Students
- B-86 Students
- A+64 Students
- A61 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+53 Students
- C+52 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
East Boston High School Reviews
I am glad that I choose to go to EASTIE. East Boston High School is a very great school. I attended to this school for my junior and senior year and it was AWESOME!. One of the things that i most like about the school is the diversity. You can meet people from everywhere. There's a lot of programs and extracurricular activities offered here. I made part of the Debate and Swimming Team, currently I'm a member of the Key club, Senior Class council and also joined the Sailing team. I wish I could have done even more in those two years. In every club, in every sport, there's a family. Coaches treat their athletes as their own family. This school also had helped me a lot with the different programs offered for after high school such as Gear Up, Boston College Advisory, Summer search, NAACP and many More. If I had the chance to back on time and choose again, I'll definitely choose East Boston High, "Class, Pride and Tradition". GO JETS!
I've had an overall amazing time at East Boston High School, mainly because of the outgoing attitudes of several of my teachers. Primarily, the STEM-related fields foster teachers who give great lessons outside of their topic, such as one of my math teachers explaining the meanings of abstract questions or my computer science teacher talking to us about network security in companies. Academically speaking, the school offers and encourages quite a few AP and honors courses, many of which are useful for students that aren't adequately challenged in their regular classes. It's unfortunate for me to say that it's my final year being at this school, as I'm going to miss out on meeting the rest of the incredible faculty.
East Boston High School is an amazing urban school! This school has helped me to become the outgoing person I am today. The teachers are incredibly helpful and caring, and they do their best to see each and every student succeed!