East Aurora High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Aurora, NY. It has 629 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
East Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-100 Students
- A-51 Students
- A-43 Students
- B43 Students
- A36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-32 Students
- A30 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like East Aurora High School
- AOrchard Park High School
- Orchard Park Central School District, NY
- 192 reviews
- AClarence Senior High School
- Clarence Central School District, NY
- 259 reviews
- A-Hamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
- ALancaster High School
- Lancaster Central School District, NY
- 275 reviews
East Aurora High School Reviews
East Aurora is somewhat of a "bubble" community, but the education system is great. Teachers are always available for extra help, and encourage it. The class sizes are small, which allows students to have strong connections with the teachers. Personally, I know if I ever had any problems I could trust any of my teachers to truly help me. The community is very positive, and there is a multitude of activities to get involved with. Sports are equally as popular as participating in the winter musical, and clubs being in the morning allow one to be in many extra curricular activities. Physically the school is above ideal, with modern updates constantly being added, and a modern exterior.
East Aurora High School has given me one of the best educations possible. The sports and other clubs that were offered and that I personally participated in gave me an experience that will never be forgotten. Another exclusive part of the high school was the acceptance between the students and the environment that was created. Students were able to be themselves and not have to worry about judgement from fellow peers, the musicals were greeted with warmth and others took notice of the talent and hard work that went into each and every production. My experience at East Aurora is one I will keep with me for life, and the education that was given to me is one of a kind. I had always thought that high school was some scary place that would beat you up and spit you back out, but East Aurora taught me that high school was different. It was a place to find out who you are, and to be yourself. High school was worth every moment.
East Aurora High School is an amazing school. Passionate teachers engaging students, a wide variety of classes giving students opportunities to take preferred classes stand out in its education system. Sports, clubs, musical, and other activities are filled with friendly and accepting participants, as well as dedicated and skilled athletes. As a STEM student, I both loved and hated classes but feel that they all helped me become well prepared for college and figure out subjects I like and dislike.