Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
East Aurora High School is a highly rated, public school located in East Aurora, NY. It has 644 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
East Aurora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus118 Students
- grade A minus57 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade A41 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A+39 Students
- grade A minus38 Students
- grade A36 Students
- grade B+34 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Musical and spirit week and homecoming parade30%
- Homecoming week And dance17%
- Football and Basketball Games9%
- Spirit Week4%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,420 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Schools like East Aurora High School
- grade AOrchard Park High School
- Orchard Park Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 208 reviews
- grade AClarence Senior High School
- Clarence Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 275 reviews
- grade A minusHamburg High School
- Hamburg Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 206 reviews
- grade ALancaster High School
- Lancaster Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 291 reviews
East Aurora High School Reviews
Rating 3.99 out of 5 123 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
East Aurora is somewhat of a "bubble" community, but the education system is great. Teachers are always available for extra help, and encourage it. The class sizes are small, which allows students to have strong connections with the teachers. Personally, I know if I ever had any problems I could trust any of my teachers to truly help me. The community is very positive, and there is a multitude of activities to get involved with. Sports are equally as popular as participating in the winter musical, and clubs being in the morning allow one to be in many extra curricular activities. Physically the school is above ideal, with modern updates constantly being added, and a modern exterior.
East Aurora is a top tier high school for sure! The teachers go out of their way to help you succeed into college. Sports are huge here basketball and football games draws big crowds with tons of school spirit. Facilities are updated especially great for athletes. Everybody is close and well connected which makes for a great environment.
East Aurora High School has given me one of the best educations possible. The sports and other clubs that were offered and that I personally participated in gave me an experience that will never be forgotten. Another exclusive part of the high school was the acceptance between the students and the environment that was created. Students were able to be themselves and not have to worry about judgement from fellow peers, the musicals were greeted with warmth and others took notice of the talent and hard work that went into each and every production. My experience at East Aurora is one I will keep with me for life, and the education that was given to me is one of a kind. I had always thought that high school was some scary place that would beat you up and spit you back out, but East Aurora taught me that high school was different. It was a place to find out who you are, and to be yourself. High school was worth every moment.