East Alton-Wood River High School is a public school located in Wood River, IL. It has 561 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- B49 Students
- B+18 Students
- B14 Students
- C+12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-11 Students
- B10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like East Alton-Wood River High School
- C-Riverview Gardens Senior High School
- Riverview Gardens School District, MO
- 86 reviews
- D+Normandy High School
- Normandy School District, MO
- 36 reviews
- CRoxana Senior High School
- Roxana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 121 reviews
- C+Granite City High School
- Granite City Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 207 reviews
East Alton-Wood River High School Reviews
I love my classmates and most of the teachers are great! Unfortunately, I found out the hard way, that college prep is definitely NOT their strong suit. They do not offer the classes that are needed if one were to be accepted to any Ivy League Universities, or many other universities either. The school does tell you what it takes to get into a decent college instead they ONLY focus on getting students to pass amd do just enough to graduate or possibly community college, which leaves those of us with bigger aspirations out of luck.
I love the dynamic between students and faculty! Everyone gets along so well! I enjoy going to school each day because I am always supported and encouraged by my teachers and friends to do my best. The teachers expect a lot, but it helps me to grow as a student and person. I have learned many valuable lessons from East Alton Wood River High School.
The teachers at the school are hit or miss, some of them really care about the students and their well beings and others do not care at all. The academics are alright but there are barely any opportunities for science or theatrical development. The sports teams are favored over all other clubs so it is hard to start any new club or keep any clubs running.