Early High School is a highly rated, public school located in Early, TX. It has 372 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Early High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- B-38 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A18 Students
- C+16 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Early High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Early High School
- B+Bangs High School
- Bangs Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- B-Brownwood High School
- Brownwood Independent School District, TX
- 130 reviews
- BZephyr School
- Zephyr Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 11 reviews
- B-May High School
- May Independent School District, TX
- 11 reviews
Early High School Reviews
This school is great for it's friendly students and it's very close knit. However, as an art student I am very disappointed. The art teacher is exceptional and truly has passion for teaching. She pays most of her supplies out of pocket. Early also only really cares about athletics. If you are an athlete then you will have absolutely no problem doing well here and getting scholarships for your talent. Early also lost several good teachers and I believe they are giving up on the online E2020 classes that provided diverse and different ways to learn classes not provided. With this, students will only have one option for a language to learn, Spanish. What about those who are already bilingual and know Spanish? It is a state requirement to have at least 2 years of a foriegn language. Most teachers care about their students and do exceptional work. Some however, completely missed the mark and many students (including myself) suffered from that.
Early High School is a great institution for learning and the academics that each and every student receives is excellent. The teachers that teach at this school are not only great, but they're fantastic. They try to make sure every student understands the method or concept of the subject that they're learning and when one student falls behind they make sure to help the student. Although the education and the academics are great, the only problem with EHS is the fact that there is not a variety of clubs, activities, sports, and facilities that are offered are not the best in comparison to others. However, while this high school isn't the best, one can't deny the fact that this is a great environment for learning and offers the most of what it can for its students.
I like the small school atmosphere. We haven’t had a school fight in years and usually do not have any major problems with any students. The facilities are amazing, I love the tennis courts and how we have lights. My favorite part about Early, though, is the teachers. All of my teachers know my name, and have for a while, and genuinely care about myself and their other students. My calculus and English teacher have been preparing us for college, and I am so grateful to them for that. They are exposing us to difficult material and introducing good studying habits for success in college. My calculus teacher is also one of my role models. He is unbelievably smart, but does not act like he is or makes others feel bad. He tries to make class a fun, productive, and respectful place that I look forward to everyday.