Earlham Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Earlham, IA. It has 204 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Earlham Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A30 Students
- A30 Students
- B-22 Students
- B14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-8 Students
- C+7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Earlham Senior High School
- BWinterset Senior High School
- Winterset Community School District, IA
- 103 reviews
- BWest Central Valley High School
- West Central Valley Community School District, IA
- 29 reviews
- B+Adel DeSoto Minburn (ADM) High School
- Adel DeSoto Minburn Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
- B+Van Meter Junior/Senior High School
- Van Meter Community School District, IA
- 34 reviews
Earlham Senior High School Reviews
Overall, Earlham is a nice school. For our size, we do extremely well in extracurricular activities, but the classes offered are mostly state-required or agricultural. Unless you want to be a farmer, be a musician/artist, learn Spanish, study STEM (minus engineering), or English, you may have to wait until college to start studying your future career. The administration does all they can with its funding, but the district has room for academic growth. Lastly, the school culture is built on cliques, but we are small enough that different groups mix a little. Bullying is not as bad as other schools, but there are too many issues to say it's a healthy school culture. Though needing more diversity, a wider scope of classes, and less bullying, Earlham is a good school.
I have lived in the town of Earlham my entire life and I would never trade that. It is a K-12 school all in one building with about 800 total students. With it being that small of school there is kind of a limit to the kinds of classes you can take as in Spanish is the only class you can take. Every student grade 7 and up gets their own personal laptop computer which helps so much with studying and homework. About 6 years ago the school built a much overdue turf football stadium and we are in the middle of building a brand new gym too. Our auditorium is phenomenal, when I see other schools I feel bad. We have one of the best bands in the state of Iowa, with our Jazz band winning the 2A state championship last year.
Earlham Senior High School has amazing faculty. They do their best to support their students and encourage them. I have met very few teachers in this high school who are not willing to put everything they have into their work.Our school counselor also does the best she can to make us feel safe and stress free when applying for college. She has meetings with every individual in our high school and makes sure that we meet all of our requirements and know where to find scholarship opportunities. We do not have a lot of diversity in our school because we are a small town, but we are growing. Since we are growing we are offering different academic opportunities and are hopefully going to be able to provide kids with different choices so that they keep their options open. Many of our students are involved in music, if not learning an instrument or singing they are supporting the program through donations and in they audience for each performance.