Eagle Pass High School
- EAGLE PASS, TX
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Eagle Pass High School is an above average, public school located in EAGLE PASS, TX. It has 2,273 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Eagle Pass High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B460 Students
- grade A+413 Students
- grade A+370 Students
- grade B367 Students
- grade B213 Students
- grade B minus205 Students
- grade A minus199 Students
- grade A178 Students
- grade B169 Students
- grade B150 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Eagle Pass High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 125 responses
- Football games26%
- End of the year trips14%
- Christmas season9%
- Marching Band Competitions8%
- Fall Festival6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,373 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 56 responses
Eagle Pass High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 331 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As a senior at Eagle Pass High, I would say that my four years here at this school have been wonderful. I love to participate in clubs and many activities that occur at this school. The clubs here are excellent; the sponsors and members are very much active. Our administration and counselors are also very protective when it comes to student safety, and considerate when a student has questions or concerns. The teachers at this school are very helpful, I can go before, during, or after school to ask questions about the work, it's so useful having help everywhere! Academically, Eagle Pass High school is one of the top schools in the state of Texas and in the nation! The student body here is very determined. This school is also all about keeping a healthy, kind environment. Posters ranging from positivity to sponsoring clubs and organizations are all around the school. In my opinion, Eagle Pass High is a great school to be apart of.
Although it was good, we lacked several opportunities and classes because of our city economy. Overall it was normal but there was nothing special, not much that could help me. Because of the pandemic teachers and the faculty was not really ready for the online teaching. Students felt claustrophobic, closed up in a room with nothing to do, giving most of us be lost. Teachers stressed with no other option then to try their best. At the beginning everything was going great but after a couple months students started slacking as well as some teachers. The faculty did what they could with the resources making it not as bad. But because of the resources teachers couldn’t really concentrate as much on the students, making students like me miss a lot of scholarship opportunities, making me now stressed and repressed in something really hard to change.Going on and they should have focused on seniors more than anything, because after all we are the ones who were loosing the opportunity.
Eagle Pass High School has great teachers, however there needs to be an improvement in resources and facilities in some point. It is an old school, so some things need to be updated and changed , and I think more resources should be available for music and arts students. However, this school has great potential to be better!