Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Dutchtown High School is an above average, public school located in Hampton, GA. It has 1,659 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Dutchtown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B728 Students
- A+531 Students
- B+375 Students
- B353 Students
- B-307 Students
- B-266 Students
- A+255 Students
- B+252 Students
- B-248 Students
- C202 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.70 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.70 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.97 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.109 responses
Dutchtown High School Reviews
I loved my high-school. But with everything in life there is good and bad. My high-school was a great environment for me. It helped create my identity to show to the world. It was always a good time everyday I went to school. It was like a family. From the teachers, peers, administration, academics, and even athletics it was awesome. Dutchtown works with you and helps expand you in every way. From my point of view, I had a group/organization for everyone. Dutchtown community accepted who you are. One thing that I would change to have a perfect experience is the population size. Dutchtown was a highly populated school which caused class to sometimes become a distraction. The general population was a large vast of kids unless you were in a different program. This large group of kids let things become a little hectic at times. It was unorganized sometimes. But other than that my experience was pretty awesome at Dutchtown High School!
Dutchtown was an interesting experience. It had it's ups and downs. The students in my class were very unified, which is good. The sports programs were well funded and supported by everyone, espcially the football team. However, Dutchtown wasn't the best with academics and keeping the students together. I would recommend taking Dual Enrollment ASAP! Also, there has been several riots and fights. There was even a scholl prank that went too far, and no one was punished. So, show school spirit and connect with your fellow peers, but taking classes up there is not your best bet. People complained about teachers all the time. Worry about you at all costs.
I love going to school at DHS. They are culturally aware, education is the best in the county, and there is a lot of student involvement in clubs and school events. I would like to see more effort put into the gym equipment, text books, and drama funding, but overall I would never trade Dutchtown for anywhere else!