Durham High School is an above average, public school located in Durham, CA. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Durham High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+73 Students
- C+47 Students
- A-27 Students
- A22 Students
- A-12 Students
- A+11 Students
- A11 Students
- B-10 Students
- A-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Durham High School
- BParadise Senior High School
- Paradise Unified School District, CA
- 122 reviews
- BHamilton High School
- Hamilton Unified School District, CA
- 43 reviews
- BOroville High School
- Oroville Union High School District, CA
- 218 reviews
- APleasant Valley High School
- Chico Unified School District, CA
- 235 reviews
Durham High School Reviews
I love Durham High mostly because of the small number of students. As a senior, I not only know everyone in my class, but am able to connect with those in other classes. Our school has many dedicated teachers who pour their time and passion into their instruction. The sports teams are extremely close-knit, creating an atmosphere of almost a second family. The only disadvantage of attending Durham High is that there is little variety of classes because of the school's limited budget. However, I have made lasting memories and have been able to achieve my highest academically during my attendance.
I love the sense of home that durham provides for their students. I have been enrolled in Durham since first grade and I would never switch. You are completing school with the same class you grew up with, how amazing. the teacher all know you by name and all try and get to know you personally. I would change the amount of recognition durham gets as a school because it is in such a small town no one ever is quite familiar with the schools system.
Because Durham High School is smaller compared to many schools, it allows students to build close relationships with classmates in and our of our class grade. It also creates a stronger relationship with teachers as well