Durant High School is an above average, public school located in Durant, OK. It has 934 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Durant High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-199 Students
- A131 Students
- A125 Students
- B77 Students
- B-49 Students
- C45 Students
- A42 Students
- B40 Students
- B+39 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Durant High School Reviews
My experience at Durant High has been awesome! I like so the different sports and extracurricular organizations my school has to offer. One such organization would be the Durant FFA Chapter of which I am a member. I also like that Personal Financial Literacy and Government are required courses. I feel that these things are not given enough attention in schools across the nation. I do not like, however, how focused the school is on football and how funding isn't always placed where it should be.
Durant High School did the best it could with as little finding as it had. A common complaint I share with other students is the overall lack of opportunity. Durant High School was made for those who plan to live and die in Durant Oklahoma. That being said, the school has many redeemable qualities. At least one quarter of the teachers genuinely care for the students and actively push them to do their best. The arts programs, though mostly self-funded, have found a way to make and preach an accepting environment.
I like Durant High School because of the atmosphere. The social atmosphere is friendly and energetic. There is a lot of support among students, especially in sports. In sports, such as track, cross country, and tennis, there is a lot of encouragement from teammates and coaches. Another thing I liked about Durant High School is the academics. There are a lot of higher level courses, such as Honors and AP. The classroom sizes are great, averaging about 20 people per classroom. The academics and athletics are competitive. Also, there are several organizations: Student Council, Key Club, Calculus Club, etc. Furthermore, I liked the counseling in the school. The school counselors advise students, not only on their school choices, but advise them on future choices as well. Overall, Durant High School has many appealing aspects that aim to further students education.