Durand Area High School is a public school located in Durand, MI. It has 580 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 13% in reading.
Durand Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A72 Students
- A+53 Students
- B-50 Students
- B48 Students
- B+48 Students
- B46 Students
- B42 Students
- B-35 Students
- C33 Students
- B+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Durand Area High School Reviews
I really enjoyed my five years that I spent at Durand Area High School. Our teachers, faculty, and the rest of the staff all really care about the students and their well-being. We may not be the top school for sports but our athletes and coaches put in a lot of hard-work and dedication to perform to the best of their abilities. The only thing that I would consider changing for our school would be possibly be adding more diverse elective classes that could possibly help with college readiness or life after high school/college.
Durand is a very balanced and average school. The student body is on the smaller side with each grade having roughly 100-120 students. It does limit it's top students, who want to pursue harder education, severely with redundant and illogical policies. One of the biggest positives about Durand though, is its teachers. Durand has some of the best teachers I have ever had. While not all of them are worthy of this review, some, to most, make the educational experience fun and worthwhile.
My Children lost their father last year the kindness and support that they received was beyond words, both High school girls were able to remain all A students and my senior is in the top 10 of the class this year....I truly believe without the unique, kind and truly caring staff at this school, that would not have been possible after the devastation they experienced. I am so very thankful to be a part of this community and school system.