- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
Our community (6-12, boarding and day) is teeming with bright, curious, multi-faceted young people who are finding their way in the world and seeking to develop their strengths for the college and beyond. We believe that taking risks and stretching comfort zones is the essence of real growth. We believe that experiential education and a leadership curriculum are essential parts of the learning process and we aim to nurture the whole student with a commitment to our core values. Our students thrive in the classroom and outside of it, and on any given week you'll find Dunn students out in the field-- from the High Sierras to the Colorado River, from coastal conservation centers to the green fields on campus. We encourage you to come see for yourself. You'll be inspired by our incredibly welcoming students and teachers, and you'll be surprised at the serene campus you'll find behind our gates.
Dunn School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+23 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A17 Students
- A16 Students
- A-16 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A14 Students
- A+14 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Dunn School Reviews
Day students and families stick to themselves, it is cliquey. Vaping, drinking and drugs occur on weekends. Teachers and dorm parents are barely present after hours so do not think your child will have supervision or guidance. Activities and sports, facilities, course work options are extremely limited.
If a child makes a mistake, they will keep the tuition. During Covid there were zero refunds of room/board. Consistent, quality instruction was non-existent.
Probation/rules/consequences are hit or miss depending on parental involvement, money given or if on the board. There are better places that make real connections and deliver what makes the boarding experience impactful for a lifetime.