Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Dunlap High School is a top rated, public school located in Dunlap, IL. It has 1,292 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Dunlap High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+218 Students
- B+151 Students
- B143 Students
- A123 Students
- C+117 Students
- A+100 Students
- B+100 Students
- A+95 Students
- A+88 Students
- A-73 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Dunlap High School
- BIllinois Valley Central High School
- Illinois Valley Central School District No. 321, IL
- 45 reviews
- A-Richwoods High School
- Peoria School District No. 150, IL
- 266 reviews
- B+Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 165 reviews
- B+Princeville High School
- Princeville Community Unit School District No. 326, IL
- 21 reviews
Dunlap High School Reviews
The school has great classes and many academic opportunities. The faculty are very helpful and invested in students. There are many clubs and sports to get involved in as well as many diverse groups of students. Overall, I've enjoyed my time here!
Definitely not a bad school, but it has many flaws. Black students get punished harsher than other groups, remote students during the pandemic have been put on the back-burner, and Dunlap is currently discussing the possibility of cutting the arts. The opinions of students and teachers (people who are actually in the school everyday) are not considered and cared about as much as the opinions of people on the school board. This has been frustrating for many.
While I only attended this establishment for two years, I thoroughly enjoyed them. I liked how welcoming the teachers were to the students. They also seemed very involved and excited about what they taught. I was easily able to make life long friends and create amazing memories. What I would like to see changed is the attitude of the students. I've seen students be disrespectful to both teachers, students and faculty. While I know there's no changing a person's personality, I believe that all people need to learn to be respectful in order to benefit themselves and others in a learning environment.