Dunlap High School is a top rated, public school located in Dunlap, IL. It has 1,283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Dunlap High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+188 Students
- A-136 Students
- B+125 Students
- B-115 Students
- A99 Students
- B+89 Students
- A+87 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+78 Students
- A-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like Dunlap High School
- B+Illinois Valley Central High School
- Illinois Valley Central School District No. 321, IL
- 42 reviews
- ARichwoods High School
- Peoria School District No. 150, IL
- 251 reviews
- A-Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 152 reviews
- B+Princeville High School
- Princeville Community Unit School District No. 326, IL
- 19 reviews
Dunlap High School Reviews
I have been offered many opportunities to help get the high school experience I want. I was able to start a club and create lots of student involvement. I also love the classroom environment especially in the honors or Ap classes, everyone is trying there best and is willing to help those that are struggling. The teachers are passionate about their work and love what they do, my only complaint is with how little involvement the administration has. I feel like they don’t know anything about any of the students who aren’t top athletes. I understand their job is a huge time commitment but I personally would like to see them build more connections with the students.
It was good. I played on the football team in 2017 and the atmosphere was amazing. The schooling was great, the teachers were fun and made it exiting. The other students had a lot of school spirit and the most of the parents were involved in some kind of way, mine were not but they were part of the minority there. I have no really feelings on the music and arts at Dunlap because I have no first hand knowledge of them, but I have only heard great things. Although the band took over our football field one day so we had to practice on uneven terrain right after it rained and one of our wide receivers hurt himself and was out for his whole senior year that we went to state. So I have mixed feelings about them.
Over the three years that I have attended Dunlap High School, I have learned to love my school. My school offers many great opportunities for academics, sports, clubs, and much more. There is always something to be involved in, no matter what kind of personality the students here have. When I compare Dunlap to the other high schools in my area, I feel beyond grateful to attend the school that I do. Other schools don’t appear to be as inclusive and interactive as Dunlap. Each class is a challenge, but they are preparing me for my future. I feel as if I have thrived here at Dunlap.