Dunkirk Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Dunkirk, NY. It has 585 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Dunkirk Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B44 Students
- B-37 Students
- A17 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+12 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-9 Students
- B8 Students
- C+6 Students
- B-6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Dunkirk Senior High School
- B-Silver Creek High School
- Silver Creek Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- B-Forestville Central High School
- Forestville Central School District, NY
- 14 reviews
- C+Brocton Middle/High School
- Brocton Central School District, NY
- 16 reviews
- CCassadaga Valley Middle/High School
- Cassadaga Valley Central School District, NY
- 79 reviews
Dunkirk Senior High School Reviews
I believe that this school offers numerous educational opportunities in the way of class choices. However, decisions made to benefit students, to improve student safety, do not typically result in the betterment of others.
Well, the kids are pretty horrible people. Most are snotty and act very spoiled and selfish. They do not know how to behave. Also, the food they serve is not what I'd consider "edible". Along with that, the days have gotten longer and we stay in school for a week longer, so it's quite unbearable for everyone.
Being a student at Dunkirk High School was liberating. I saw the ways other schools where separated between race, gender, and wealth. Dunkirk wasn't like that. Everyone was on the same playing field and it was few and far between that you dealt with a student who felt they where too good to be associated with another student. If I could change anything it would probably be the emphasis we put on our JCC courses. I wasn't encouraged to take them or even talked to about the advantage it would give me in the long run. Although I wasn't told about the possibilities the JCC classes would give me I took two classes and have received the credit for them at my current college.