Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Dunkerton High School is a public school located in Dunkerton, IA. It has 240 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Dunkerton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+41 Students
- B33 Students
- A27 Students
- A23 Students
- B12 Students
- B-8 Students
- NG6 Students
- A6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Dunkerton High School
- B-Tripoli Middle/High School
- Tripoli Community School District, IA
- 34 reviews
- BJesup High School
- Jesup Community School District, IA
- 30 reviews
- B-Oelwein High School
- Oelwein Community School District, IA
- 35 reviews
- BIndependence Junior/Senior High School
- Independence Community School District, IA
- 57 reviews
Dunkerton High School Reviews
Dunkerton High School is a very fun and friendly environment! The teachers always try to work one on one with each student and students are always encouraged to be involved in activities in the school and community. Dunkerton is a very small school and could possibly benefit from combining with another school. Overall Dunkerton High School is a place where everyone knows each other and can easily be friends with one another. The teachers and coaches are great and show obvious interest and care for their students.
My overall experience with Dunkerton High School, was very pleasant. This is the only school I've attended, but what sets this school apart from the others in our area, is how small Dunkerton High School is. Because of this you have the opportunity to from a relationship with everyone in the school, teachers, classmates, even the janitors. When my dad had his heart attack, we was in the ICU for ten days. My little sister and I came to the school to collect some of our homework so we didn't fall behind. We had all our teachers come up, some gave us hugs, asking how we were doing and telling us how much they like are dad and how they were all hoping for a full recovery. Dunkerton High School also gives their students opportunity's that other schools do not. Students are able to enroll in concurrent classes. We are able to earn high school and college credit by taking college credit through Hawkeye community college. Because of this I am on track to obtain my associates in high school.
I enjoyed the small town community aspect of attending Dunkerton High School. The community and parents do an amazing job to support the student athletes and fine arts members. The teachers really care about the student's and do a great job setting them up for college. When it comes to the athletics at Dunkerton the coaches are amazing. I spent time playing football, basketball, and running track. All of the coaches there stress being a student first and an athlete second. They try to instill good quality traits that will benefit students when they face the real world. I attended Dunkerton from 2nd grade all the way until my graduation senior year.