Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Dunellen High School is an above average, public school located in Dunellen, NJ. It has 369 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
Dunellen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A64 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
- grade A minus29 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade B+22 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade A20 Students
- grade A+19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Homecoming and pep rallies.38%
- Pep rallies25%
- Spirit Week25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,228 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Dunellen High School
- grade B minusMiddlesex County Vocational & Technical School (MCVTS) - East Brunswick
- Public School
- East Brunswick, NJ
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 72 reviews
- grade B minusManville High School
- Manville Board of Education, NJ
- Rating 3.2 out of 5 113 reviews
- grade B+South Plainfield High School
- South Plainfield School District, NJ
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 222 reviews
- grade C+North Plainfield High School
- North Plainfield School District, NJ
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 168 reviews
Dunellen High School Reviews
Rating 3.31 out of 5 62 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
In my freshmen year, the building was old fashioned and dirty most of the time. Teachers for the most part were nice but others were rude and critical. They would be too judgmental and unsympathetic towards the students and it made situations worse. This does not help students excel in the future and the school should take some time to properly interview teachers. Now that I am a senior, the school has changed physically with security which everyone appreciates. But should still focus on providing general academics to students before they graduate, like more discussions about college/universities/ scholarships, other job careers to partake in because school is not for everybody, secrets to success and how to properly use money to buy a house/car (dealerships)/ bills/taxes. Sometimes help is not always available for questions like these, teachers will tell you just look it up online. That is not helpful and shows there is no partnership between teachers and students.
Dunellen High School consists of well-educated teachers that do truly care about the students and provide extra help for any student. There is a good variety of courses to take and overall produces many successful students that will blossom. The clubs are limited and the funding is not provided equally, yet the Dunellen students always turn their clubs into something great with the materials they are given. Throughout my experience at Dunellen High School, I have met many people and participated in almost everything Dunellen High School offers. I have benefitted by seeing the diversity of people and it has given me the knowledge to further my education and my experiences. Although some experiences were challenging, there were teachers and peers around to boost my confidence and encourage me. My overall experience there provided astounding education. Plus all the hardships and problems that came to me during my four years have prepared me for adult life.
Based on my experience at Dunellen High school, most of the teachers especially the ones for Juniors and Seniors are nice. The acedemics I'm doing are great but I would forget about it after I'm done with the topics. In my opinion, when I go to school everyday it just feels boring. The change I would like to see is more socialization in our school to make the day more exciting.