Dunellen High School is an above average, public school located in Dunellen, NJ. It has 355 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Dunellen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A40 Students
- B+32 Students
- A24 Students
- A-20 Students
- B19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Dunellen High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Dunellen High School
- B-Middlesex County Vocational & Technical School (MCVTS) - East Brunswick
- Public School
- East Brunswick, NJ
- 60 reviews
- B-Manville High School
- Manville Board of Education, NJ
- 108 reviews
- B+South Plainfield High School
- South Plainfield School District, NJ
- 193 reviews
- C+North Plainfield High School
- North Plainfield School District, NJ
- 159 reviews
Dunellen High School Reviews
Dunellen High School consists of well-educated teachers that do truly care about the students and provide extra help for any student. There is a good variety of courses to take and overall produces many successful students that will blossom. The clubs are limited and the funding is not provided equally, yet the Dunellen students always turn their clubs into something great with the materials they are given. Throughout my experience at Dunellen High School, I have met many people and participated in almost everything Dunellen High School offers. I have benefitted by seeing the diversity of people and it has given me the knowledge to further my education and my experiences. Although some experiences were challenging, there were teachers and peers around to boost my confidence and encourage me. My overall experience there provided astounding education. Plus all the hardships and problems that came to me during my four years have prepared me for adult life.
Grade levels are small in size, making it easier to remember the names/faces of fellow students. The small size of the student body allows for students from different grade levels to interact more. Most teachers are willing to provide extra time before or after school for students seeking help in their classes. The school has a decent variety of clubs and organizations that are open for any student to join. A pressing safety concern is how people are routinely let into the school by students and faculty alike without definite identification. Sports are a large part of student life, but the most widely attended to sports are football and basketball, with other sports often being neglected despite their numerous achievements. All students are provided with a chromebook to be used for academic purposes both in and out of the classroom. The best addition of resources to the school is the state of the art computer lab, consisting of 20+ Mac computers, a 3D printer, and a VR.
Dunellen is a mile by mile town with a small downtown area. The main street is filled with family owned restaurants , a movie theater, grocery store, pharmacy, and many other small businesses. The main street is a fun place to grab a movie, food or take a stroll. I have attended Dunellen's schools since Kindergarten and although we are not a big district offering more subject and elective, the schools do offer a small classroom size and teachers who really care about each student. Our sports program is small, but every student has a chance to play on JV or Varsity. We may be small, but we are huge in school spirit!!