Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-88 Students
- A-88 Students
- B79 Students
- A+78 Students
- B67 Students
- A+63 Students
- B-50 Students
- A-49 Students
- B-40 Students
- C+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Dunbar High School Reviews
Review Dunbar High School
Most of my teachers are very lazy, they're just there to get paid. Those are the types of teachers that either hand out work and expect us to do it on our own using our knowledge, or give out nothing but vocabulary words and pray to God we understand. However, there is the handful of teachers i admire, they break down what we're learning into little bites, understand when we don't know something, slow down the learning process a little, etc. Overall, my school seems pretty balanced, we have well educated kids, and the ones who aren't so willing to try.
I have been a Dunbar Wildcat student ever since i went to the 6th grade center, and i've loved some moments more than others. Such as the difference between our band winning 2nd place at Royal battle of the bands in houston after many years and the time new decorations got added to the school. My Experience at Dunbar has taught me that there will be people who will do nothing else but just put you down out there in the real world, but don't let it get to you, push through it and fight for what you believe in. Dunbar High School, has taught me many lessons that i will cherish in the future.
Dunbar high-school teachers care about their students it's just when the student don't care about themselves. It's not so much of a teacher problem when students fall asleep or are disruptive. I see it as a viscera situation because with a little creativity a lesson I learn in class could make my day. As for the students, there are some who do no care about school or the learning environment of others. Yet, in the end if we keep our heads high with our minds toward what we are suppose to do then learning in school shouldn't be such a hassle.