Dumont High School is a highly rated, public school located in Dumont, NJ. It has 788 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Dumont High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A135 Students
- B122 Students
- B114 Students
- B81 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+72 Students
- B69 Students
- C+59 Students
- A+58 Students
- B55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Dumont High School
- AHasbrouck Heights High School
- Hasbrouck Heights School District, NJ
- 63 reviews
- BUniversity Heights High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 7, NY
- 114 reviews
- A-New Milford High School
- New Milford Public School District, NJ
- 92 reviews
- B-Bronx High School of Business
- New York City Geographic District No. 9, NY
- 21 reviews
Dumont High School Reviews
In my four years at Dumont High School, I believe it has helped me mature and grow into the responsible, independent individual I am today. DHS has aided me in becoming more sociable and extroverted with its inclusive clubs and activities. Not only have I been inspired by DHS' events and clubs, I have also felt connected to my teachers who will go out of their way to help myself or any other students at Dumont High School. Go Huskies!
Principal and other administrative entities within DHS are overly strict and often rely on fear mongering to get their point across. Many times over new things have been added to the school that, in the end, do nothing for the students for security or defense. Money is frequently wasted on frivolous things to make the aesthetic of the school look better, while our own laptops and other educational devices still continually break down or just all together not work. Our student government is a sham, clubs typically have little to no presence in the school despite still being around, and some teachers, who refuse to teach important knowledge, still linger for whatever reason.
Dumont High School is a distinctive high school located in the antient town of Dumont, New Jersey. The high school, still standing proudly after over a century of service to Bergan County, serves as one of the oldest surviving modern high schools. It once had a train station that connected neighboring towns, since it was one of the only high schools in all of North Jersey. Today its neo-classical pillars are still in-tact, along with its clock and pediments, a distant reminder of much different times.