Dumas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-201 Students
- A-152 Students
- B141 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+55 Students
- B52 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-45 Students
- B38 Students
- B+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Dumas High School Reviews
Review Dumas High School
The whole four years I attended Dumas High school were probably the best four years I've ever had. This school goes to the extreme to see us succeed and that is what's great about this school. The teachers aren't just there to teach, they know how it is and they care for you like you are their own child. They would do anything for you. Everyone including the teachers, counselors, Principles, and even the students care for one another and help each other up when they are down. What I would like to see change about this school is how some of the teachers prepare us for the future. I want to see more kids knowing how to file taxes or write checks and learn how to do everyday things that you do in life. But I will never forget those amazing four years at Dumas High school.
Dumas High School has given me great experiences with great people. The focus of the staff at the school has always been to persuade us students to give it our best ever day in order to actually achieve our goals in life. They teach the students that accomplishments do not come easy, that we always have to put much effort into our plans for the future, and to always keep going forward. It is honestly a school where they do not make you feel left out.
Most of Dumas teachers are outstanding, but the administration at times can be terrible. Our school has a way of picking and choosing who is important and who is not. Athletics seem to be more important than academics and there is definitely a "I am better than you" mentality in the school when it comes to athletes and the treatment they receive from the administration.