Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Dumas High School is a public school located in Dumas, TX. It has 1,110 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Dumas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B348 Students
- B230 Students
- A-202 Students
- A+129 Students
- A+110 Students
- B-62 Students
- A56 Students
- B+55 Students
- A-53 Students
- A52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Dumas High School Reviews
Dumas High School facilitates a lot of positivity with their students. In my experience, students are allowed to grow and reach their full potential. The teachers work tirelessly to provide for their students and help to influence their futures positively. Each student is allowed the freedom to participate in activities and clubs that provide growth and individuality. The students are given the resources to be themselves or find themselves. In athletics, each coach puts in the utmost effort to provide for their athletes and push them to be their best. The art, music, and theater programs foster creativity in a way that inspires students to express themselves in new ways. Overall, the administration and teaching staff are of the highest quality and I truly believe amazing things are happening at DHS because of them.
My four years of high school was absolutely AMAZING!!! Due to COVID-19, my senior year was cut short. My principal and all of my teachers have done the best they can to help us with anything we need. Overall Dumas Independent School District is so great to us students. If we need food, school supplies, clothes, or even things such as laundry detergent, shampoo, or deodorant they help us get what we need. Our schools here in Dumas, Tx are the cleanest due to amazing janitors. Everyone who works for DISD is so caring and loving. If one of us students is having a rough day or having problems with something, DISD gets us the help we need. I would not change one thing about DISD, because the staff treats us students like family.
Even though I didn't have a great time with the students, I had a great time learning from the teachers as they give us life lessons and tips and tricks over some of the subjects. They also threw in some jokes here and there so we could understand the content a little better. Also had a fun time while learning in the classes. Then there's the teachers that take everything seriously and don't have fun at all. That's what makes the class boring and harder to learn some of the content that they teach you.