Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Duchesne High School is a public school located in Duchesne, UT. It has 348 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+101 Students
- C+76 Students
- B67 Students
- A64 Students
- C+51 Students
- C+51 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+27 Students
- B+16 Students
- B11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Duchesne High School Reviews
My experience at Duchesne High School has been average. There's not much diversity among students or teachers. The college readiness could have more as there's only a few classes offered that helps students prepare. There's many clubs that help promote student interests! Duchesne is focused on sports and STEM classes which it excels in, but I would have liked to see more attention toward the arts.
Overall the experience at Duchesne High School was full of amazing experiences. The extra curricular activities are definitely the strongest aspect of Duchesne High School. One thing I would like to see changed is the encouragement of students to push themselves academically and not just in whatever extracurricular they are involved in.
Duchesne is pretty much the only school I have ever known. The teachers get to know students and have a personal relationship, which helps us, as learners, feel more comfortable and have a better drive to learn. Probably the best thing they do there is involve the students and give them a chance to be leaders. One thing I would like them to change, however, is their academics. I do not feel they help us as students to be ready to continue on to college, whereas their main goals are to prepare us to be good societal members.