Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart is Houston's only all-girls Catholic school educating students from Pre-K3 through 12th grade. Our curriculum, our culture, and our worldview promote active faith, intellectual values, social awareness, building of community, and personal growth.
Our single-sex education ensures that our classes and community offer the support, challenges, and freedom that allow girls to shine. As a college-prep school, 100% of our graduates go on to attend college, with many of our girls earning top scholarships.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+79 Students
- A+73 Students
- A40 Students
- A39 Students
- A+36 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart
Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart Reviews
Although most of the teachers seem to genuinely care about your academic career, many of them also take discipline far too seriously and take a borderline tyrannical approach to things.
In terms of the administration, I found that nearly all of them did not seem to care about the well-being of their students and focused far too much on the image of the school rather than the actual status of it. For example, I recall there being camera crews on campus every other week whose sole purpose were to boost the image of the school. Furthermore, the administration tends to only care for the athletics side of extracurricular activities.
Lastly, in terms of academics, I find that this school prepares you well for the college life due to its focus on homework and testing abilities, along with providing good resources for research and argumentative essays.