Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Dubuque Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Dubuque, IA. It has 1,550 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Dubuque Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A213 Students
- A143 Students
- B+117 Students
- B-51 Students
- B+51 Students
- B-50 Students
- A48 Students
- B-46 Students
- B46 Students
- A+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 85 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Dubuque Senior High School
- B+Hempstead High School
- Dubuque Community School District, IA
- 221 reviews
- B+Western Dubuque High School
- Western Dubuque Community School District, IA
- 149 reviews
- C+Benton High School
- Benton School District, WI
- 20 reviews
- BCuba City High School
- Cuba City School District, WI
- 33 reviews
Dubuque Senior High School Reviews
I liked how it felt like home. It made me want to go to school. Although not all classes were my favorite I did enjoy my time with my friends. I enjoyed going to basketball and football games. There was lots of school spirit. They have strict rules that are overrated sometimes, but they are to keep their students safe. My experience was enjoyable but at times frustrating. They did have lots of resources and extra help if you ever needed it. I would recommend going here over all the other high-schools in dubuque. You can really tell they do care about their students and the future they will have.
The main aspect I enjoyed about Dubuque Senior High School, is how large the school was and the high amount of students attending. On the other hand, the hardest thing about attending Dubuque Senior High School, was that the vast, and I mean VAST, majority of the building was no air conditioned. There were only two spots in the school that were air conditioned, the office and the new science wing. Because of this, it became unbearably hot in the warmer months of school.
It has been a great place to further my academics and athletics, I have learned a great deal about myself and my capabilities. I feel as my teachers truly care about my success and want me to go far and are willing to help me get to that point. I do feel as I could be challenged a little more and I have ran into a few hiccups when it comes to scheduling. I love the atmosphere and have made so many close friends, however I do wish our student body took more care in school pride. I love going to Dubuque Senior and can't thank the faculty enough for all the experiences and help I've gotten.