Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
DuBois Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Dubois, PA. It has 1,009 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 78% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
DuBois Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+127 Students
- B-99 Students
- A95 Students
- B-79 Students
- B-74 Students
- C+72 Students
- B61 Students
- B-42 Students
- B39 Students
- A-38 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responses
- Sporting events16%
- Pep rallies15%
- Senior events--breakfasts, walks, etc..and dances15%
- Selling goodies to fundraise for school trips7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
Schools like DuBois Area Senior High School
- B-Brockway Area Junior/Senior High School
- Brockway Area School District, PA
- 30 reviews
- C+Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School
- Clearfield Area School District, PA
- 153 reviews
- C+Punxsutawney Area High School
- Punxsutawney Area School District, PA
- 110 reviews
- B-Curwensville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Curwensville Area School District, PA
- 93 reviews
DuBois Area Senior High School Reviews
I have been at the Dubois Area Senior High School for all four years. My experience there with the faculty & students was excellent. My favorite thing about the school was the tailgate home games. Every time we would win, the firetrucks would sound an alarm! I also like how they make sure every student graduating will have enough experience for college. One thing I would like to see changing is the scheduling. My senior year I already took one of the half year courses my junior year. Not only that I didn't get any of my classes I choose for!
DuBois Area High School is the perfect place to go if you want average class sizes, and good teachers. My classes always had at least 25-30 students, which isn’t that bad. The teachers are all friendly and very helpful. They are willing to take time out of their day to make sure you are learning to the best of your ability. My favorite teacher will always be Mr. Martin. I was in his history class in ninth grade as well as keeping Stat’s for the girls soccer team. I got to know him as a teacher and a coach. He is always available to talk to if you need it, and will listen to what you have to say, as well as having a great personality. Sadly, he is no longer working at the high school, but he is dearly missed!
High school was an amazing experience for me. A very huge part of high school that kept me motivated was the music department. High school is only what you make of it, so if you spend your time there wishing it was over then you will miss every opportunity that comes your way. I was not involved in any sports but the games I went to was always fun to watch because the school spirit always filled every field, court, or track those players were on. I was a theater/choir student and the bond our school's music department has is like no other. I was able to participate in PMEA choir, select choir, show choir, and musicals pre-COVID. The staff at DAHS always made sure that the students got every opportunity for a good education and I am very thankful for that. To conclude this review, I would like to say my experience at DAHS was very good for the most part because of all the amazing extra curriculars and fun activities I was part of.