Dublin Scioto High School is a top rated, public school located in Dublin, OH. It has 1,291 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Dublin Scioto High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+297 Students
- A-124 Students
- A-115 Students
- A94 Students
- C+74 Students
- B+55 Students
- B51 Students
- B47 Students
- B-41 Students
- A+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Dublin Scioto High School
- A+Dublin Coffman High School
- Dublin City School District, OH
- 262 reviews
- A+Dublin Jerome High School
- Dublin City School District, OH
- 202 reviews
- A+Hilliard Darby High School
- Hilliard City School District, OH
- 273 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Olentangy Local School District, OH
- 147 reviews
Dublin Scioto High School Reviews
I absolutely love DSHS! I moved to Dublin around a year ago from a very small, uneducated town. Ever since I have moved here, not only have my grades improved, but I have a much easier understanding of my school work and lots of self-growth as a person. They offer a plethora of outstanding programs and classes. They even have two virtual reality headsets in their library for students to use! There, however, is a few things I'd like to see change in the school. For one, I'd like to have a lot more school funded field trips. Another thing I'd like to see is the punishment for behavioral issues between students. One thing I have noticed is that it tends to be ignored, or it keeps repeating. If their is a problem due to a student, other students are told to walk away, and not much action other than that is taken. Sometimes they will have a "talk" with the student, but after so many times of repetition, it is shown that it is not giving any affect, yet, that's the only action taken.
Dublin Scioto High School is a very welcoming atmosphere with teachers that are there to help you every step of the way. The teachers are not only dedicated to their students, but are also passionate about what they are teaching that they are willing to offer help both before and after school. It isn’t just the staff that make Dublin Scioto a welcoming experience, but also their dedication to club, after school activities, and sports. There is a club or sport for each student that attends. The school is also very rich in the acadmics. For high achieving students the schools offers everything from AP to IB to honors classes. The school prepares students to be well rounded by offering them a variety of art classes, music classes, computer focused education, publication and Yearbook, and cooking classes. In addition to this, Scioto helps you get ready for the real world by collaborating the the Dublin Emerald Campus to provide students with more specialized educational opportunities.
Dublin Scioto High School has provided me with a top notch education, as well as the development of professional skills that I know will benefit me in the future. The staff is caring and approachable. I have become close with many of my teachers, and I feel as though I can call them friends. The staff are always willing to help students, whether their concerns are academic or personal. Although I cannot speak for every student, in my four years I have seen how accepting Scioto is of diversity. Scioto is a melting pot of different ethnic backgrounds , cultures, and sexual orientations and all of these differences are celebrated. Whether it be through the variety of music played in the halls during Multicultural Monday, or at meetings of clubs such as LGBT alliance, everyone feels accepted. School spirit is high at sporting events and pride runs deep in the theatre department. After four years, I can proudly say "Go Irish".