Dublin Coffman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+291 Students
- A-106 Students
- A-90 Students
- A87 Students
- B+40 Students
- A+38 Students
- B38 Students
- A+30 Students
- C+28 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Dublin Coffman High School
- A+Dublin Jerome High School
- Dublin City School District, OH
- 163 reviews
- A+Dublin Scioto High School
- Dublin City School District, OH
- 170 reviews
- A+New Albany High School
- New Albany-Plain Local School District, OH
- 242 reviews
- A+Orange High School
- Olentangy Local School District, OH
- 133 reviews
Dublin Coffman High School Reviews
Review Dublin Coffman High School
Dublin Coffman is great! It's the best mix of good social, academic, and athletic experiences. They are all about the vision of the "Dublin difference" which can be bad and good. They'll have higher expectations than other schools/districts and will do anything to help you achieve your highest academic potential (except for hiring experienced teachers).
Academics are amazing throughout the Dublin City school district. At the high school level, they offer regular, honors, AP, and IB classes. Honors is on a 4.5 scale, AP and IB are on a 5.0 scale. AP classes are more traditional and straightforward; students need to be ready to go at a fast pace and memorize a lot of information to spit out on tests. IB on the other hand, slows down and zooms in, it gives you the opportunity to develop your own opinions on subject matter, and assessments are usually essays. The most rigorous path is the IB Diploma Programme where students must take 6 IB classes and participate in lots of testing throughout the year. Most students take a variety of different classes, for my junior year, I'm taking three AP classes and two IB classes based on my varying learning styles in those subjects. Dublin also offers many academies that students can participate in to get a taste on a particular field. Coffman hosts the Engineering academy, otherwise, students must travel to Jerome or Scioto for other academies. For me, the scheduling process can be very stressful because there are too many great classes to choose from, and I always want to compete with my peers. For less motivated students, it's probably not that big of a deal. Classes unique to Coffman include Anatomy and Physiology, where students dissect cats, and we also have a new class called IB Further Math, which is college level math beyond calculus, and throughout the world, there are only 150 students, this year, 15 of them are at Coffman! Another popular class is AP American Studies, which is Honors English II and AP US History in a combined class for two periods. It's my favorite class and I have learned so much about society and human interactions, while developing my writing style.
The teachers are always very helpful and want you to succeed. The guidance department and the school administration is great and is always there for advice. Overall, the atmosphere is positive. The only downside is that there's a lot of pressure to do really well, but it also is a good thing because we will be more prepared in the real world and more advanced than some students from other schools. The amount of students who take advanced classes is amazing, and really shows the greatness of the school and the commitment the students and teacher have to learning.