DSST: Stapleton High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Denver, CO. It has 546 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
DSST: Stapleton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-174 Students
- A-155 Students
- A-141 Students
- A-129 Students
- B-107 Students
- B-69 Students
- C+57 Students
- B47 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like DSST: Stapleton High School
- A-DSST: Green Valley Ranch High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 57 reviews
- BKIPP Denver Collegiate High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 71 reviews
- B+Academy of Charter Schools
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, CO
- PK, K-12
- 95 reviews
- A-Collegiate Academy of Colorado
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 54 reviews
DSST: Stapleton High School Reviews
DSST's name change from DSST: Stapleton to DSST Montview was revolutionary within itself. We actively joined the social justice conversations within our neighborhood, which is especially important in today's political climate. The teachers are extremely dedicated to their jobs and the students. Even without a code, they are directly involved in every grade slip or bad day. The teachers sacrifice a lot in order to create a safe, caring environment for the students. It all starts with one tutoring session or coffee cup at a time. They push students to go beyond the textbooks and into the world around us. The school is extremely diverse, actively pushing for acceptance and solidarity amongst the student body since 6th grade. Our test scores and maturity levels are awing, especially when you account for our low outside finding and diversity rates on all spectrums. They push students to transcend their limits, but reassure us that mental health comes first.
DSST- although more rigorous than most public high schools- definitely successfully prepares it's students to perform well, and in preparing them for the academic world of higher education. It is small enough to where the school environment is able to corral and maintain a focus on academics because of how small the school is. However, this school is very STEM focused; if you are interested in a school that offers classes similar to AP Art or in that regard, you are limited in options at DSST. They do offer comedy study classes during senior year only, and clubs such as art or theatre production, but again- not much variety. DSST does a good job in listening to students and parents. In fact, students recently led a successful movement towards changing the name DSST: Stapleton to DSST: Montview
I enjoyed coming to this school a lot, particularly because it's a very small school. This means that I knew everyone in my grade personally to some extent, including my teachers. The teachers have done a really good job of supporting me and helping me grow as a person. The only thing I would be concerned about is that you don't have that much control over your transcript. There's a limited amount of AP or Honors opportunity, and a very narrow range of choice for electives.