Dsst: Stapleton High School is an elite, public, charter school located in Denver, CO. It has 523 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Dsst: Stapleton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A144 Students
- A131 Students
- A126 Students
- A-111 Students
- B-89 Students
- B56 Students
- B-44 Students
- B39 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Dsst: Stapleton High School
- ADsst: Green Valley Ranch High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 42 reviews
- B-KIPP Denver Collegiate High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 63 reviews
- A-Academy of Charter Schools
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, CO
- PK, K-12
- 89 reviews
- A-Collegiate Academy of Colorado
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 50 reviews
Dsst: Stapleton High School Reviews
I’ve attended DSST Stapleton since the 6th grade, and was in the graduating class for 2018. One thing I loved was how the teachers where available to offered their student one one help. Having teachers that where available to help you when you really needed it, is honestly the reason I was able to graduated. DSST core values left a ever lasting imprint on me, I sincerely still live by these core values because I’ve seen hands on how: respect responsibility, doing your best, courage, integrity, and curiosity(the six core values) opens doors of opportunity for a student. Now that I’ve left DSST culture I realized how much it shaped me into the young lady I am today.
DSST is overall a good school. They have a rigorous academic program, but do lack some academic opportunities that a different school might give a student (i.e. dual enrollment classes, a variety of AP classes, arts courses). The admin and teachers are able to give students a very strong support system whether it be with their personal or academic lives. DSST does prepare most students to be college ready. As they claim, all students in the senior class do get accepted into a 4-year college/university. There is the caveat: their college counselors require that students apply to at least one "foundation" school that they know will accept said student to insure that their "100% acceptance" legacy holds true. Despite the fact that they are a STEM school, DSST has started to expand their clubs to be focused towards the arts as well.
My time at DSST Stapleton was one of the most impactful times in my life. No matter what I would be going through, there was always a teacher that genuinely cared about me. The staff are incredible and work so hard everyday for their students; The school is small so you can really form great friendships through all the grades; and the clubs they do offer are a great way to meet new people and find passions. Although the academic rigor of the school does take a toll from time to time, the support you recieve from the entire community more than compensated for that.