Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
DSST: Stapleton High School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Denver, CO. It has 582 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
DSST: Stapleton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-227 Students
- A-215 Students
- A-182 Students
- A-175 Students
- B-142 Students
- B-99 Students
- B-72 Students
- B-69 Students
- A+52 Students
- A45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like DSST: Stapleton High School
- A-DSST: Green Valley Ranch High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 66 reviews
- B-KIPP Denver Collegiate High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 87 reviews
- B+Academy of Charter Schools
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, CO
- PK, K-12
- 96 reviews
- A-Collegiate Academy of Colorado
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 61 reviews
DSST: Stapleton High School Reviews
DSST: Stapleton High School may seem very regimented at first, but is actually a system that adequately prepares and transitions their students from high school to college. The teachers at this high school, in my experience, are very understanding and willing to help push their students. Along with making sure that they are okay or ever need any help that goes beyond the classroom. While DSST: Stapleton High School does not excel in every aspect, in fact, while they sometimes severely lack in some aspects, they do their best to take in constructive criticism and feedback in order to make everyone of their students and teachers happy.
DSST's name change from DSST: Stapleton to DSST Montview was revolutionary within itself. We actively joined the social justice conversations within our neighborhood, which is especially important in today's political climate. The teachers are extremely dedicated to their jobs and the students. Even without a code, they are directly involved in every grade slip or bad day. The teachers sacrifice a lot in order to create a safe, caring environment for the students. It all starts with one tutoring session or coffee cup at a time. They push students to go beyond the textbooks and into the world around us. The school is extremely diverse, actively pushing for acceptance and solidarity amongst the student body since 6th grade. Our test scores and maturity levels are awing, especially when you account for our low outside finding and diversity rates on all spectrums. They push students to transcend their limits, but reassure us that mental health comes first.
DSST has provided me a great opportunity to reach for my dreams and ambitions. The foundations of DSST work in order to ensure that every student gets into college. I appreciate all the teachers and staff members at the school who've supported me and helped me through academic and personal events in my life. The staff is kind and very caring. The only problem I've had at DSST is that it's a system that has not changed with the times. Some students are overlooked or treated unfairly by some teachers. This system does ensure that everyone gets into college, but this system is not for every student. Before one decides to go to DSST make sure that the learning style and the environment are for you because if not it could be an overwhelming environment for you.