Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Dsst: Cole High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Denver, CO. It has 387 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Dsst: Cole High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-67 Students
- B-55 Students
- A-54 Students
- A-53 Students
- B-51 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-40 Students
- B+35 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Spirit Week50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Dsst: Cole High School Reviews
It was a very rigorous school but it prepared me well for the stressors of college and how to time manage. The teachers were all great and did what they could to help us succeed, often coming into class early or leaving late to tutor students. The course work was sometimes overboard but it really depended on the teacher and the hard core teachers often offered support for students struggling. DSST Cole cares about its students and teaches in a way fit for most and offer other learning methods if certain students like to learn different ways. The students at Cole are a close knit group due to going to a small school and thus make it easy to make friends and form lifelong bonds. There is plenty of help through the college process and I'm sure I would be struggling more if not for the help of the two college counselors that I still email to this day.
This school is amazing at making you feel comforted and with people who care about you! A change that should be made is allowing students to have a feel for a school the students can show pride for, meaning having sports for a pep rally and offer homecoming.
DSST: Cole High School is a great school that made shape who I am and what I want to do for my future. Once they scheduled summer school for the incoming freshmen, they always told us we would be able to go to college no matter what we go through. Til this day, they always give support to students to achieve their goals and go to college. I'm applied to Community College of Denver and Metropolitan University, and I got accepted into both colleges, this means so much because they always make sure we are reaching to success. School work is a lot of work and can get you stressed out, but at the end of the day, it's worth it. Since I'm a student that requires an IEP, the Special Education here at cole is amazing, I would never forget the love and support they given me since my freshmen year. I always thought because I have a learning disability, I wouldn't be able to go to college, get a job and achieve any of my goals in general. However, the community we have made me believe in myself!