Druid Hills High School is an above average, public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 1,320 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Druid Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+310 Students
- A+286 Students
- A+146 Students
- B+133 Students
- B105 Students
- A+90 Students
- A-90 Students
- B74 Students
- B69 Students
- C+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Druid Hills High School Reviews
Druid Hills is a diverse high school in the heart of Atlanta. Its IB program is really great, but is otherwise not the best. A handful of amazing teachers who really care! However, a large number of un-enthusiastic students take away from the learning environment. Amazing for a Title 1 school.
Druid Hills is an ideal place to be at, to learn, and to develop friendships. Bullying isn't too big of a problem, and people treat you nice if you are beautiful back. However, the school does need more funding to give students a better learning experience and better nutrition. The faculty and staff are very hands-on and focuses on making students shine. There are lots of opportunities to excel because counselors and teachers give ways for students to get into their dream colleges or careers. All you have to do is show that you want these opportunities.
I like its diversity, and the wide range of people that attend the school. I think the majority of the school is enrolled in classes where the quality of teachers a classes could be improved, but I personally take very challenging and high quality courses (International Baccalaureate), and have very good teachers. I would like to see better facilities and upkeep of the campus, as well as more student involvement. Basic things, like air conditioning, heating, water, and sewage is often broken or defective, and the district does not maintain or deal with these issues in a timely or efficient manner.