Druid Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+156 Students
- B+144 Students
- A+76 Students
- B-74 Students
- A-59 Students
- C52 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Druid Hills High School Reviews
Review Druid Hills High School
I loved the aspect of diversity that the school holds, the student population has such as variety of students which creates a very open and engaging atmosphere. I also love the variety of opportunities that are presented to eh students such as internships at emory, International Baccalaureate Study, Advanced placement study, etc. One thing that could be improved is more student counselor scheduled engagement as I did not really use my counselor till my senior year and the school always recommended speaking to counselors but it is often overlooked and ignored and this was not beneficial, as if I had used her as a resource earlier I would've gained more opportunities for scholarship and a better background going into the college search.
Druid Hills High School like any other school has its ups and downs. One of the defining features that I think sets it apart is the fact that it's a white minority school, taking in many refugees and non-english speaking students. Our culture isn't monotone and there are little niches for everyone in the school. Inhibiting the overall academic success of the school in my mind is the amount of space compared to the studen population (+1400 students). The large population mainly creates an issue with space for students in general level classes vs students in AP or IB classes. Because the large portion of students choose not to take AP or IB ther's unused space causing general level classes to be full. Ultimately, this adds stress to the teachers who constantly have to teach large classes. But I believe not enough kids take AP or IB because there isn't enough encouragement for them to do so & students naturally want to avoid the "harder" classes.
An Excellent high school!! Druid Hills High School is one of the best little secret in DeKalb. This high school is not well know, but the standard of excellence is apparent. It housed over a thousand students, built in the early 1950s, with an outstanding interior and exterior architecture. It has great diversity and well trained teachers. An outstanding academics for college readiness; with many advance courses. It's recommended for the school cultural awareness.