Dr. Phillips High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-746 Students
- A+494 Students
- A416 Students
- C+412 Students
- A-331 Students
- A+254 Students
- B174 Students
- A-149 Students
- A139 Students
- B125 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.88 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.88 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.105 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.137 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.137 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.137 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.88 responses
Dr. Phillips High School Reviews
Review Dr. Phillips High School
Dr. Phillips is a school that has pushed my academically with teachers that care. I have been able to pursue a well-rounded education that includes college-prep academics while being exposed to community outreach, clubs that enhance their critical thinking skills, advance classes including many AP and honors classes and various sports i.e. basketball, baseball, soccer, STEM Club, Coding Club, Art Club, and many Honor Societies. It have lots of extra curricular activities, it keeps me busy every single day! The teachers are very dedicated to their students and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in education.
Join all sorts of clubs if you can! There is a wide variety of clubs on campus that can help you fit in and make friends and they will absolutely help you get into college. I was a member of five honor societies, the beta club, history club, and love letters club (we wrote cards for children in hospitals) as well as a four year member of the women's lacrosse team. It's definitely possible to do all of this and take 5 AP classes at the same time! Most clubs are student run so they are pretty relaxed. There is a decent amount of help from the club sponsors but not so much from the administration.
Dr. Phillips high school is unlike any other school. I transferred to dr. phillips high during my junior year and since then I've never felt more at home. They embraced me with open arms, I was exposed to new opportunities to Advanced courses, interactive clubs, and a competitive class. Everyone in my grade is extraordinary in their own way because DP has invested in giving everyone an opportunity to succeed. There's a club for everything, the guidance counselors are the absolute best especially the career counselor, and the teachers care about each and every student. Dr. Phillips high fosters growth, individuality and acceptance. This atmosphere is especially important for teenagers because adolescence is confusing and stressful but DP helps students embrace their growth.