Downingtown High School West is a highly rated, public school located in Downingtown, PA. It has 1,482 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
445 Manor Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335
Downingtown High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B128 Students
- A+118 Students
- A107 Students
- A89 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+56 Students
- A49 Students
- B46 Students
- B-41 Students
- A38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Downingtown High School West
- ADowningtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 234 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 233 reviews
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 139 reviews
- BTwin Valley High School
- Twin Valley School District, PA
- 148 reviews
Downingtown High School West Reviews
Downingtown West High School is a very wonderful school. It gives students so many opportunities. Aside from the core classes, students can take electives such as cooking, sewing, dance, and even learning to manage money! This school teaches languages such as French, German, and Spanish, but also includes Latin and Japanese! The academic emotional support is also admirable, with teachers and counselors who are willing to help you excel in your high school years. There is a room that gives you important resources you may need outside of school, such as internship and job applications. This school also supports harmony and friendship; I once heard that it is famous for being "clique-free". We work to bring others up and stop problems before they start. Going to this school was a fulfilling experience for me.
I enjoyed my time at Downingtown West High School because of how inclusive the entire school was. Every student was given the opportunity to succeed, participate in activities they enjoyed as well as various clubs. The teachers prepare you for college through the technology colleges use, the way classes are held, and expectations students are given. If any student is struggling they are there to help the student understand the topic through various approaches. There slogan stands true, "No Student left Behind."
I love Downingtown West and am so lucky to be a student there. They have amazing opportunities and resources available to all students. We have educational assemblies, field trips, great sports teams, amazing extra curricular activities, great facilities, and plenty of college preparation. Not many schools have all of these opportunities and those aren't even all of the things available for students. I feel that I thrived here and anyone who comes into this school has every opportunity in the world to thrive and improve their skills no matter what type of student they are.