Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Downingtown High School West is a highly rated, public school located in Downingtown, PA. It has 1,646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Downingtown High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B178 Students
- A+171 Students
- A-160 Students
- A130 Students
- A-93 Students
- A+66 Students
- B65 Students
- A62 Students
- B58 Students
- C+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Downingtown High School West
- A+Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 256 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 245 reviews
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 158 reviews
- B+Twin Valley High School
- Twin Valley School District, PA
- 171 reviews
Downingtown High School West Reviews
This school has all the resources you need to be successful. The environment is so welcoming and all the teachers are just fantastic and so good at their jobs! You have all the classes you could ever possibly need, and with their extracurricular programs and partnership with the technical college, you are sure to have the best high school experience here.
I had an okay experience at Downingtown West. I liked that MOST teachers genuinely cared about your feelings, would be understanding, and help work through obstacles with you. However, some forget that students have extracurriculars, jobs, and other classes to complete work for. The sports teams are cared for deeply, and one can observe most of the money goes to them rather than repairing several broken things throughout the school. A lot of things could be fixed but the money is budgeted elsewhere. The art program has an amazing teacher who makes sure that students in that field get recognition they deserve. Overall good school but several things that could be improved.
Downingtown West is a well-rounded school academically. The staff are very friendly overall, and I have never had personal issues with any teacher in my four years there. They provide rigorous course loads for those who wish to pursue them and are helpful in the process leading up to college. They have a helpful set of guidance counselors, who make the college process much easier than it would be otherwise, and who also are accommodating to students before this point. The school's mental health specialist could be more effective in working with students personally, but this is a minor issue overall. The athletic and scholarly extra-curricular activities are well regulated overall, and most coaches are very professional.