445 Manor Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335
Downingtown High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+89 Students
- A+85 Students
- A-73 Students
- A59 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-44 Students
- A39 Students
- B35 Students
- B-32 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Downingtown High School West
- A+Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 207 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 227 reviews
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 116 reviews
- B+Twin Valley High School
- Twin Valley School District, PA
- 141 reviews
Downingtown High School West Reviews
Review Downingtown High School West
Downingtown West provides a welcoming environment for its students and their families. Administration does an excellent job at allowing students to step out of their comfort zone. Overall, the teachers are excellent and have prepared their students for college life. The campus is clean and secure. The opportunities at this school are endless. From classes to clubs to sports, Downingtown West is a phenomenal school.
Downingtown West is in a great area and is known for its great academics, athletic programs and art programs. Their music program is well-supported as well as the arts. The staff is well-equipped and does a great job at preparing and encouraging their students to follow their passions and get them ready for their future endeavors including college, art schools, music schools, the armed forces, etc. West provides a safe learning environment and promotes school spirit and an overall awesome high school experience.
My experience at Downingtown West High School has been both positive and negative. Over the past four years, I've made irreplaceable friendships and memories. Friday night football games are highly memorable; the nostalgic band songs mixed with the warmth of optimistic peers all cheering for the same team is unmatched. Fortunately, my school gave me the opportunity to challenge myself academically without having to consume myself strictly in schoolwork. I suppose that's what makes West special; it offers students rigorous schedules while allowing students to have lives outside of school. If it was possible to start these past four years over, I believe I would choose this school again. It has taught me countless of valuable lessons about humanity, friendship and life.