Dover Middle School Reviews

Students are assigned to teams and for the most part take the same courses. The only exception is math, where there are a few different options you can be assigned to (students can't choose). Online courses are available to students through VLACS if they want to take them, but they must be taken at home and in addition to regular courses.
There aren't any security guards or metal detectors, but I never felt that my safety was at risk.
I participated in a few after school programs, and for the most part they were very well run and I enjoyed them.
Start Your Review of Dover Middle School
DMS went out of its way to help me and about 6 other students excelling in math. We tested out of our grade level during 6th grade, and when we ran out of math during 8th grade they accommodated us by allowing us to take a geometry class at the high school up the street. The administrators (particularly Fran Meffen, one of the guidance counselors) were all very friendly and truly wanted us to learn as much as we could. Overall, for me at least the school was very dedicated to my education
I definitely had a positive experience at DMS. The teachers were very knowledgeable and kind, and for students at the top of the class like I was, they still made classes interesting and fun.