Dove Science Academy - Tulsa Campus is an above average, public, charter school located in Tulsa, OK. It has 614 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Dove Science Academy - Tulsa Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A62 Students
- A53 Students
- A44 Students
- C+36 Students
- B+29 Students
- C27 Students
- B-23 Students
- B19 Students
- C17 Students
- A+14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Dove Science Academy - Tulsa Campus
- A-Tulsa School of Arts and Sciences
- Public School
- Tulsa, OK
- 52 reviews
- BCharles Page High School
- Sand Springs Public Schools, OK
- 267 reviews
- B-Will Rogers College High School
- Tulsa Public Schools, OK
- 82 reviews
- B-Sperry High School
- Sperry Public Schools, OK
- 34 reviews
Dove Science Academy - Tulsa Campus Reviews
Dove science academy students are very friendly. Just about everyone gets along. I've attended to dove for about 6 to 7 years. Dove seemed to care more about students academics scores during middle school rather than high school. Dove also appeared to have more of an interest in what you wear rather than focusing on students grades. The school needs alot of changes. Our textbooks are about 10 to 20 years old and not up to date. Some of the teachers are hard to understand. You may have to ask more questions about what they are trying to say instead of asking questions about the lesson. Administration is more focused on discipline. The school also is not college ready. As a junior they haven't talked about applications due dates, the requirements, nor the test scores needed. Their school system needs to change completely.
My experience at Dove Science Academy was insightful. The teachers and faculty push you to go to college and have a wide variety of Advanced classes to help students reach their academic goals. The smaller classes help students be able to ask more questions as well as being ready for testing. Improvements could be made on the way that they do not have very many extracurricular activities. Students will get a quality education, but not the diverse and high school experience they need for their future.
I've attended Dove Science Academy for 5 years and everything has been wonderful. There is almost no bullying in the school -- in High School, anyway, the Middle Schoolers are a whole other story -- and the teachers are very genuine and ready to help struggling students. Since attending Dove, I've participated in every AP course I've been able to, and all I've taken have offered a challenge to the usual school routine.