Douglass High School is a public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B82 Students
- C58 Students
- B52 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-39 Students
- C-31 Students
- B-30 Students
- B27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Douglass High School Reviews
Douglass High School is a very academicly challenging school. Althought this is a fact, teachers are caring and open to their student. The school's administration is always open to hear suggestions from students and are creative in incitives for student. Douglass is a place of norm rigorous learning and a community that shares love and knowledge.
The best 3 years! I came to Douglass when I was in the 10th grade. The students were kind of hard on me at first, but once they got to know me then I was good go. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had some of the best teachers I've had in my life. The experience was just wonderful.
My experience was alright. Only HALF of the teachers where trustworthy and easy to talk to when it comes to the students. We need people who can talk to and trust. Now the school has A WHOLE NEW everything including teachers, administration, And coaches, so it will be a rough year.