Douglass High School is a public school located in Douglass, KS. It has 252 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Douglass High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-45 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-28 Students
- C+21 Students
- B20 Students
- B+16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- B-9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Douglass High School
- C+Mulvane High School
- Mulvane Unified School District, KS
- 77 reviews
- B-Belle Plaine High School
- Belle Plaine Unified School District, KS
- 34 reviews
- B-Rose Hill High School
- Rose Hill Public Schools, KS
- 136 reviews
- C+Bluestem Junior/Senior High School
- Bluestem Unified School District, KS
- 72 reviews
Douglass High School Reviews
I love Douglass High School and I would not mind bringing my kids back to go to school in Douglass. Two year ago, Douglass got remodeled and it is 100% more safe now. The school also got remodeled on the inside and the set up of the classroom and administration offices is very convenient for the teachers and students. The teachers have always been very well at making sure that we, as students, understand what they are teaching and all of the teachers make sure to be involved in our lives. They also will get involved in the student activities which makes them really great! Douglass is a 3A school, which is decently small, but we have amazing facilities that are kept very well kept and clean. We have better facilities than most other schools, even 4A. I am very blessed to say that I am going to be in the Douglass High School's graduating class of 2019.
Douglass High School is full of friendly students. The teachers are very dedicated to their work and genuinely care about their students. One downside is that because it is a fairly small school, there aren't many advanced classes (only one AP class is offered). But overall, Douglass is a very close community with relatively little drama. One of the best characteristics of this school is that the people at Douglass High are accepting of any and all people; anyone can find a place to belong in this school.
Our school for the most part has a great staff that cares about each kid and wants to see us do our best. We just finished remodeling our school so everything is new and clean! In our school I would love to see our school spirit change. We have about half of the school that has so much school pride you almost forget about the other half but looking at game attendance is nothing to what I think we could have.