Douglass High School is a public school located in Atlanta, GA. It has 886 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Douglass High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B171 Students
- A+126 Students
- C+90 Students
- B-75 Students
- A-71 Students
- C+67 Students
- C+59 Students
- B-58 Students
- B+57 Students
- C57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Douglass High School Reviews
As a student at Frederick Douglass High School I learned more than his story. We embarked on journey over 4 years that included knowledge, application, and diversification of skill sets useful in any career field. Anyone looking at Frederick Douglass as less than exceptional most like has no authentic experience or interaction with the students, educators, or programs of the school. My experience is an anchor in everything that I am and have become. Expect greatness from Frederick Douglass HS of Atlanta. ALWAYS!
When I first began high school at Douglass, I was scared and nervous. Thanks to the wonderful and inspiring minds that belonged to the many qualified teachers, I began to warm up to my surroundings and began making lasting memories among both friends and idols! I would highly recommend any high school student in APS to attend Douglass! THE ASTROS ARE THE BEST!!
At Fredrick Douglass High School most teachers are not willing to help struggling students when they know they are struggling because of that certain teacher who is not doing there job adequately.Teachers are not helping the students when they ask for help in the classroom during the provided 90 minute class time.The teaching style is very hostile and its not allowed an flexibility to adhere to the different students type of learning style. Most of the teachers at Douglass do not even show up to work on a regular day to day basis to teach there own classes.When these teachers are not here they are not leaving work in which they admit that they do and put it in the official grade book as a grade which i feel is very unfair. I feel they are setting students up for failure and not our post secondary education options. Most teachers are not very consistent with there grading process either, in which i mean they give out work that they don't ask for and they put it in the grade book for each individual student.They also won't grade assignments that the students do turn in or it takes them months to grade them. I feel like this is very unacceptable and needs to be corrected sooner than later.