Douglas High School is a public school located in Winston, OR. It has 384 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-41 Students
- C+35 Students
- A-24 Students
- B20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- NG11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
I think that there are a lot of good people in the school and community, but for every good person there are two terrible people that have the ability to ruin your high school experience. The facilities have been poorly taken care of so everywhere you look seems sad and dirty. The school was given a very low safety rating which makes me feel unsafe simply standing in one of the two main hallways
Unfortunately, while I was attending, there were many changes to faculty and to common core. A fair amount of fellow classmates did not make it through and dropped out. However, I enjoyed dual enrolling with our local community college while attending required course at High School.
I wish there were a bit more clubs. Extracurricular opportunities share a good amount of commitment and are really supported by teachers and leadership that gets kids to go to games and show their school spirit. The most popular after school activities are the football games, even if we do never win we try to show school spirit. Sports are really supported whereas the band isn't as supported but the second most supported activity. There are multiple clubs that aren't as widespread in the school as sports like the robotics club and the bowling club.