Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesD-
Douglas High School is a public school located in Winston, OR. It has 391 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-49 Students
- C45 Students
- A-34 Students
- B26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B+20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B13 Students
- A13 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
Going to Douglas High School for my senior year was not greatest high school experience. Students their where not as friendly or welcoming as the other three high school I gone to. Teachers there do not work individually with students and do not make themselves easily accessible. If you send them a email about questions you have they are not good at answering them early. It was also quite disappointing that their was only one school counselor that does not have regular check ups on how you are doing in your classes, if you are on track to graduate, and finally answer question involving financial aid. It was also very saddening that they did not have scholarships offered to the top ten students of the graduating class. Then only great thing I found in Douglas High School is the lady in the registrar office who sent my transcripts to the college the day after I asked her.
I love how small douglas is. It’s easy to make friends and easy to get to know everyone. The teachers are super nice and most of them are very helpful. Our school is pretty old and falling apart and people complain about it a lot. But we are getting a new school within the next few years!
A lot of cross information between Administration, and staff coming from the school. I do however love the student services lady Melissa.she's definitely a go-to gal.who cares about those kids with all her heart and does her best to keep track of everything. Your child can be a good person, and the school will make them out to be a horrible child if they have any problems with attendance, all they care about is there numbers. Not your child's education.