Douglas High School is a public school located in Douglas, WY. It has 541 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-115 Students
- B60 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-17 Students
- C+16 Students
- A-15 Students
- B+15 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
This high school is very sports-oriented. Academics matter, but sports are the first priority. The teachers are fine in regards to Common Core subjects, but the fine arts teachers could have been better. Most of participating in Fine Arts included teaching myself. I felt that I was prepared enough for college to get by. One thing I wish they had when I went there was either Advanced Placement classes, or the ability to participate in the International Baccalaureate program. There weren't enough teachers at the school to teach all subjects. I had to take Physics solely online. The teachers that are there are not qualified to teach AP classes.
Overall going to Douglas High School was great. There were many really good teachers who did well in their subjects as well as did well with communicating with their students. Some teachers barely taught classes and instead chose to be friends with their students and just talk, but there were only two of those that I know of. The school was set up really well. Classes were alright sizes, some were a little too large. In one of my classes, there were more students than seats but that only happened once, the rest were good sizes. There was a great variety of classes taught and overall the school is great.
My experience with my high school was pretty great. For every student there is an abundance of different classes one can take. I enjoy taking art and pe classes along with my main educational classes. My school put on many exciting events and dances that brought all of us together and it makes students bond even closer. Luckily for me, I was able to take additional classes like drivers ed that helped me outside of school. After some years the school had some budget cuts and those classes were taken away, that’s something I wish my younger siblings could have.