Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Douglas High School is an above average, public school located in Douglas, MA. It has 397 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A70 Students
- C+42 Students
- B32 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+21 Students
- C+21 Students
- A21 Students
- C+21 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Douglas High School
- B+Hopedale Junior/Senior High School
- Hopedale Public Schools, MA
- 53 reviews
- BBlackstone Millville Regional High School
- Blackstone-Millville Regional School District, MA
- 51 reviews
- A-North Smithfield High School
- North Smithfield School Department, RI
- 135 reviews
- BNorthbridge High School
- Northbridge Public Schools, MA
- 108 reviews
Douglas High School Reviews
Douglas High School is a safe place for each of its students. The positive environment of DHS allows for students to enjoy attending school. This school abides by the ideas of perseverance, respect, and success. Students are encouraged to remain involved within the school culture. The faculty and staff enhance students’ lives by pushing them to reach their full academic potential. It is evident that the teachers care for students’ successes. Whether it be spending extra hours after school to work one on one or by attending school sporting events, it is a fact that DHS’s teachers care for their students. I have built strong connections with my teachers and some of the best friendships with my peers at this establishment. I would not trade my experience here at DHS for any other school. I appreciate each of my teachers’ contributions to further my education. Without them, I would not be half of the person I am today.
Overall, I enjoyed coming to Douglas for the academics. This high school offers many AP and honors courses that I was interested in, and helped my education grow. Many traditions that belong to Douglas High School make the experience fun and enjoyable. Sports were another aspect of school that helped to make my experience amusing. Athletes work very well together, and coaches are very informative and helpful in their teaching. However, the school culture is where Douglas, and many high schools alike, lacks greatness. Students tend to create drama, and teachers do not do much to combat it. It overall made some days going to school very hard to cope with. Although this happens to many students, I believe schools should be taking greater action in preventing this from happening as often as it does.
Douglas High School overall had an excellent environment. Not only were the academics rigorous but most of the teachers, at least all of the ones I had, were always there to help, always open to what students said, and were extremely effective. They were also quite involved. We had a number of events throughout the school year that made our high school years especially memorable and classes would be brought together. There was a sense of tradition. Some of these events such as our Celebration Graduation, reflected the district's devotion to it's students as well. One characteristic of Douglas High that seems to set it apart is its strong small-community aspect which I think has so much impact on the students that grow up in this school district. Lastly, throughout this first year of college I was surprised at just how prepared I felt, which I think is a testament to Douglas High School's sense of college/career-readiness.