Douglas High School is a public school located in Douglas, AZ. It has 1,267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A456 Students
- B-394 Students
- A280 Students
- B258 Students
- B156 Students
- C+137 Students
- C+97 Students
- B+77 Students
- B75 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.50 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
What I liked the most of Douglas High School is quality of teacher that it has. I had excellent English and Math teachers that motivated me to pursue a college career. Douglas High School has a very proper and professional administration that helps the student development be academically outstanding. Dr. Andrea Overamn, the Principal at Douglas High School, motivates each student to work hard to their goals and ambitions. I am a firm believer that the more engaged you are with school clubs, organizations, and staff, the more you are open to new opportunities, and that is precisely what Douglas High School embraces. Once a Bulldog always a bulldog!
Although I do learn a lot of material from my teachers and peers, I know this school can do much better. The activities and extra-curricular offered are excellent and I enjoy participating in them. There are mostly Hispanics at this school, due to the reason that it is in a border town. The school does offer a college readiness class on Fridays and it helps students know more about things like FAFSA and other scholarships.
Douglas High School has given me an amazing experience in my four years attending, with it's amazing students, teachers, and overall staff, it's an amazing school to attend. Clubs, with there being plenty, anyone can fit in to any type of group because at Douglas high School there is a club for everything, no one is left out. The academics, though they aren't the very best, they do give you everything you need and will need in the the future, one does not leave unprepared at Douglas High School.