Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Douglas High School is a public school located in Douglas, AZ. It has 1,525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus558 Students
- grade B minus499 Students
- grade A376 Students
- grade B348 Students
- grade B minus202 Students
- grade C+148 Students
- grade B+122 Students
- grade C+112 Students
- grade A+109 Students
- grade B109 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 130 responses
- D week (spirit week)24%
- Football games18%
- Pep Assemblies13%
- Sports Events8%
- Band Concert5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$7,437 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 50 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 50 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
Rating 3.47 out of 5 312 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
About two years ago I was a high school student at Douglas high school. My overall experience there was very good, despite minor experiences that I am sure other schools face. I really sought out after classes I knew would be very interesting and help apply to my desired career in the future. I really enjoyed taking courses I chose because the teachers really pushed students to work hard and to keep learning. I truly believe that some teachers really strive to help students develop academically and really motivate their students. Douglas high school has had it's fair share of bad remarks, however, if an individual is really engaged in their studies, extracurricular activities, and continues to take advantage of new opportunities that present themselves then said individual(s) can reach their goals.
There are very limited resources at the school. Administration does not do a good job at listening to its students and improving the areas that need improvement. Only a few teachers are really great at teaching, but the limited resources still make it difficult to learn. There is very little funding allocated towards clubs and academics. Sports are funded a lot more than clubs and academics, but only football, soccer, and baseball are given any attention. The security guards at the school make the school feel less safe because it is clear that their priority is to ensure everyone wears their ID's. Usually it is teachers that have to step in and break up fights. Also, the security guards do not open the school gates despite the freezing cold weather that leaves dozens of students shivering outside the school waiting.
What I liked the most of Douglas High School is quality of teacher that it has. I had excellent English and Math teachers that motivated me to pursue a college career. Douglas High School has a very proper and professional administration that helps the student development be academically outstanding. Dr. Andrea Overamn, the Principal at Douglas High School, motivates each student to work hard to their goals and ambitions. I am a firm believer that the more engaged you are with school clubs, organizations, and staff, the more you are open to new opportunities, and that is precisely what Douglas High School embraces. Once a Bulldog always a bulldog!