Douglas High School is a public school located in Douglas, AL. It has 601 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Douglas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-57 Students
- B44 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-31 Students
- A23 Students
- B22 Students
- A21 Students
- A-21 Students
- B20 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Douglas High School Reviews
Very good school! Prep for college is great! I graduated as scholar elite, was in honor society and got a 28 on ACT because of the education and preparation for taking the test.
This school is my home. I absolutely love it! Its not perfect has a lot of drama, but what high school doesn't? I love the people the teacher's and the education. I will always consider this place home for me
Douglas High School does very well with letting kids participate in sports, clubs, etc. My favorite things about Douglas were being apart of the AV (Audio Visual) Club, FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), Choir, and Spanish Club. I made so many friends through each club. The main thing I would like to see changed in the school is how students get treated differently from the Vice Principal. She tends to favor those that play sports over those that do not.