Douglas County West High School is an above average, public school located in Valley, NE. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Douglas County West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-64 Students
- B60 Students
- B+36 Students
- C+28 Students
- B+21 Students
- A-14 Students
- B14 Students
- A13 Students
- A-13 Students
- B13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Douglas County West High School
- B+Yutan High School
- Yutan Public Schools, NE
- 19 reviews
- B+Arlington High School
- Arlington Public Schools, NE
- 57 reviews
- B+Bennington Secondary School
- Bennington Public Schools, NE
- 45 reviews
- B+Gretna High School
- Gretna Public Schools, NE
- 188 reviews
Douglas County West High School Reviews
Douglas County West gives you a lot of opportunities that a bigger school does not. You can be involved in any extracurricular activity. Great education, and smaller class sizes allow for a more personal atmosphere. The only downfall is that the facilities need to be updated which they’re doing there best with little support from the community. Community involvement is very poor, there aren’t many people that support the school as it is very divided between the wealthy and poor.
Being a senior at D.C. West high school, I look back on the last four years with a smile. Athletically, it may not have been picture perfect. Academically, I am more than pleased with the college courses offered by the teachers. I would like to see the facilities be updated and for the room temperature in the classrooms to be more consistent
Every year seemed to have another trial and tribulation, no concrete system that had been used consecutively.