Douglas County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-175 Students
- A-169 Students
- A-101 Students
- B+91 Students
- B-81 Students
- B78 Students
- B-57 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+43 Students
- C+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.68 responses
Douglas County High School Reviews
Review Douglas County High School
The thing that makes Douglas County unique is the MANY opportunities it provides. DCHS has everything from AP to IB to FFA to DECA to various sports teams to IB Dance...it's amazing! Almost every student is involved in some form of extracurricular opportunity whether they join a team, club, or organization. The students are always busy doing something. The DCHS faculty support is amazing as well. Whenever you have an idea of a club, there are always teachers wanting to help out and lend a helping hand. Lastly the school spirit and student support is one of the best. There are always students supporting one another and various competitions or performances, we always support and cheer on one another!
I was in the International Baccalaureate program, so my experience was different from that of the average student. This program was rigorous and academically demanding and was great for college preparation. The program is very community oriented, and my friends from this program are the best friends I have ever had. There are countless opportunities for extra-curricular involvement; there is an abundance and incomparable variety of clubs and organizations, and there are many opportunities for athletic involvement. This school was a great place because it offered a balance of challenging academics and involvement in the school's community.
I have gone to this school all 4 years and have loved it! I always go down to the counseling office with my friend during our free time to go check up on our counselor and just see how everyone is. It's definitely a great environment to be in and hope that everyone that is going to go to the school has a great time. All the activities we all gather to participate in is wonderful and I love seeing all the spirit we bring to each and every game/assembly.