Dothan High School is a public school located in Dothan, AL. It has 1,187 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Dothan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B233 Students
- A159 Students
- A151 Students
- A-145 Students
- B108 Students
- B90 Students
- C-85 Students
- C-63 Students
- B-54 Students
- B44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Dothan High School Reviews
Dothan High School is a good school. I like the way the counselors are involved and caring towards the students future. If there was anything that I would change I would say the involvement and the attitudes of the students. The staff is not by all means perfect but the students could involve themselves more and care more about their own future. We have had so many students get into difficult and bad situations with other student in which causes jail, fighting and sadly death. I pray that the school will change for the better and the students would put in the effort to make a better future for themselves and their future children and students.
Overall, it's not a bad school; the faculty may be lacking in care, but most of the teachers I have encountered have been fair and invested in their students. There are quite a few who don't care much for their students, but that's neither here nor there. The students aren't the kindest, but most mind their own business; a few bad apples tend to spoil this bunch. As for the building itself, its over 100 years old, so its going to have some wear and tear. The bathrooms might reek of weed and have a few missing toilets, but it's not like I myself go in there often. The police officers on campus are a nice comfort, but after watching a girl mace another student in the hallways, you can't be too relaxed. A nice school, but it has its problems. I wish I could spend my four years there, but sadly the two high schools of the city will be merging for my final year.
Dothan High School is an average school I would say. My experience wasn't anything spectacular but I did have unforgettable moments. Most of the teachers are pretty helpful and rules are enforced fairly and equally. The school spirit here is through the roof and administrative involvement is at an all time high. The only thing I would change is the cleanliness of the school but with me currently attending our administrators are working hard to fix this. I'm truly proud to be a DHS Tiger!